OPPORTUNITY IN BELGIUM
The main electricity grid operator in Belgium organises an annual open innovation challenge, offering international start-ups and innovative companies an opportunity to pitch their concept/solution/innovation. The winner of the challenge will be awarded a contract worth €20,000 to carry out a Proof of Concept. Two years ago one of the UK candidates DIT introduced won the challenge.
Domains of Interest
This year the domains of interest are more focused on site security, data protection, block chain and cyber attacks on critical infrastructure:
- How to apply digital solutions to authorise or manage access to physical sites, installations?
- How to improve private data access and handling management?
2) Prevention and detection:
- How to detect and even forecast abnormal behaviours or intrusions to physical assets? What are the appropriate measures to respond?
- How to identify irrational values or behaviour in data exchanges?
3) Guarantee of origin / authenticity:
- How to create an ecosystem to encrypt and secure a growing number of decentral gateways?
- How to prove the authenticity of the data source or the data received?
4) Reactive handling:
- How to mitigate intrusions in our installations?
- How to recover from an intrusion to databases or IT infrastructures?
In the first round of the challenge, companies can submit their pre-selection deliverable until March 30th 2020.
This pre-selection deliverable should consist of:
- A 10-slides presentation of the Project explaining how it can answer the problem and how the solution can be implemented
- A presentation of the Participant using the form on his/her participation- this tab is accessible once he/she has registered.
Any companies that are interested and would like to receive the registration procedure can contact James Cooper directly firstname.lastname@example.org