1. Full member
A manufacturer or both manufacturer and installer or test house of high security perimeter protection products that can meet the full member membership criteria.
Definition and additional criteria to the above:
A Manufacturer must own the manufacturing rights to a minimum of 1 independently tested impact tested HVM product.
Maintain and have available product technical files (to minimum CE equivalent levels).
2. Installer member:
An Installer must undertake implementation works in respect of HVM products.
3. Associate member
Organisations who have legitimate interest in the high security perimeter protection market sector and who are manufacturers or installers that currently do not altogether meet the requirements for full membership. Associate Membership is also available for other organisations who are neither manufacturers nor installers but still have legitimate interest in external perimeter protection (e.g. relevant government departments, utility companies).
4. Consultant member:
A Consultant member must be actively involved in the design and specification of HVM or any other relevant perimeter security system.
Consultant members must be Chartered Engineers and members of RSCS or other equivalent body.
Base case criteria to become a PSSA full member
- Average or higher Experian (or equivalent) business credit risk rating (see notes at end of this section)
- Minimum 3 years trading history & accounts.
- Comply with the Association‘s requirement for continuous satisfactory financial stability
- ISO 9001 (2015) accreditation
- Provide marketing material (literature, website, technical documentation, training, manuals etc.) as a minimum in English Language.
- Agreement to notify the association of any major complaints regarding products or workmanship, not resolved within 3 months (please note that the PSSA would only act in support of the membership to ensure a fair and satisfactory outcome while maintaining its credibility).
- Agreement to place PSSA logo on the member’s website with a standardised explanation of the Aims and Objectives of the PSSA
- Documented environmental policy.
Additional base criteria for multi-product Installer members
These are specialist installation/project management companies that are not solely installers of their own brand product but are specialist perimeter security project management organisations.
- Proof of being on the formal relevant approved supplier list of at least 2 separate government departments or utility companies or Major Contractors with PLC status. This can be approval directly by the organisations themselves or via Achilles or Building Confidence or Constructionline certification, or similar.
- Evidence of a Health & Safety accreditation to any scheme included in the current list of UK SSIP approved schemes (Safety Schemes in Procurement),for example, CHAS or international equivalent.
- Open to any organisation that can demonstrate legitimate interest in the external perimeter protection marketplace.
Additional membership criteria applicable to all membership categories
- Comply with the Association’s Code of Practice and standards. Companies should have and maintain a good reputation, with the requisite expertise and experience as befits membership of a professional trade association.
- Documented health and safety policy plus evidence of a retained qualified health and safety professional (either as an employee or external retained advisor). Health and Safety policy document must be dated and signed by the Director responsible for Health and Safety matters. Policy documents must include a written statement of general safety policy and the organisation and arrangement in place to implement the policy, as required by the UK Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 or International equivalent
- Members are required to have Public Liability insurance (minimum equivalent £5 million for any one occurrence), Employer’s Liability insurance (minimum equivalent £10 million for any one occurrence) and where applicable PI insurance.
- Members shall agree to uphold and support the aims and objectives of the PSSA and to act ethically at all times.
- Agreement to PSSA Code of Professional Practice & Ethics.
- Agreement to abide by the Bye Laws and the Memorandum and Articles.
- Proof of insurances to cover all potential liabilities arising from company products, conduct, errors and omissions.
- Applicants should agree to promptly pay all Membership Subscriptions or other charges for services provided by the Association.
- In the event of any dispute regarding membership qualification, rights, and obligations the Council shall adjudicate or refer the matter for independent review.
- The vast majority of existing PSSA members already meet the new full membership criteria. For those that don’t then the requirement to fully meet the full membership criteria will be deferred for 1 year i.e. until the start of the 2018/19 membership year.
- It is accepted that a worse than average business credit risk rating can occur from time to time without necessarily meaning that a business is financially unstable. Therefore in the event that a satisfactory credit risk rating cannot be provided at any membership renewal point then membership can be continued so long as the member company can demonstrate reasonable financial stability to the satisfaction of the PSSA’s confidential membership administration. All commercially sensitive information is kept confidential to the PSSA Secretariat and will not be disclosed to any third party without prior approval.