- Full Member
A Manufacturer or both Manufacturer and Installer or test house of independently tested and rated high security perimeter protection products that can meet the full member membership criteria.
A Manufacturer must own the manufacturing rights to a minimum of one independently tested and rated high security perimeter protection product. Manufacturers must maintain and have available product technical files (to minimum CE equivalent levels).
- Installer Member
An Installer must undertake installation works in respect of HVM and perimeter security products. These are specialist installation/project management companies that are not solely installers of their own brand product but are specialist perimeter security project management organisations.
- Associate Member
Organisations who demonstrate legitimate interest in the independently tested and rated high security perimeter protection products market sector and who are Manufacturers or Installers that currently do not altogether meet the requirements for full membership. Associate Membership is also available for other organisations who are neither manufacturers nor installers but still have legitimate interest in external perimeter protection (e.g. relevant Government departments, utility companies).
- Consultant Member
A Consultant member must be actively involved in the design and specification of independently tested and rated high security perimeter protection products or any other relevant perimeter security system. Consultant members must be Chartered Engineers and members of RSCS or other equivalent body.
Base criteria to become a PSSA Full Member
- Average or higher Experian (or equivalent) business credit risk rating
- Minimum 3 years trading history and accounts
- Comply with the Association‘s requirement for continuous satisfactory financial stability
- ISO 9001 (2015) accreditation
- Provide marketing material (literature, website, technical documentation, training, manuals etc.) as a minimum in English Language
- Agreement to notify the association of any major complaints regarding products or workmanship, not resolved within 3 months (please note that the PSSA would only act in support of the membership to ensure a fair and satisfactory outcome while maintaining its credibility)
- Agreement to place PSSA logo on the member’s website with a standardised explanation of the Aims and Objectives of the PSSA
- Documented environmental policy
Additional base criteria for multi-product Installer Members
- Proof of being on the formal relevant approved supplier list of at least two separate Government departments or utility companies or Major Contractors with PLC status. This can be approval directly by the organisations themselves or via Achilles, Building Confidence, Constructionline certification, or similar.
- Evidence of a Health & Safety accreditation to any scheme included in the current list of UK Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) approved schemes e.g. CHAS or international equivalent
Membership criteria applicable to all membership categories
- Agreement to abide by the Bye Laws and the Memorandum and Articles
- Agreement to PSSA Code of Professional Practice & Ethics
- Comply with the Association’s Code of Practice & Ethics. Companies should have and maintain a good reputation, with the requisite expertise and experience as befits membership of a professional trade association
- Members shall agree to uphold and support the aims and objectives of the PSSA and to act ethically at all times.
- Documented Health & Safety policy plus evidence of a retained qualified Health & Safety professional (either as an employee or external retained advisor). Health & Safety policy document must be dated and signed by the Director responsible for Health & Safety matters. Policy documents must include a written statement of general safety policy and the organisation and arrangement in place to implement the policy, as required by the UK Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 or International equivalent
- Members are required to have Public Liability insurance (minimum equivalent £5 million for any one occurrence), Employer’s Liability insurance (minimum equivalent £10 million for any one occurrence) and PI insurance, where applicable
- Proof of insurances to cover all potential liabilities arising from company products, conduct, errors and omissions
- Applicants should agree to promptly pay all Membership Subscriptions or other charges for services provided by the Association
- In the event of any dispute regarding membership qualification, right, and obligations the Council shall adjudicate or refer the matter for independent review
The vast majority of existing PSSA members already meet the new Full Membership criteria. For those that don’t then the requirement to fully meet the full membership criteria will be deferred for one year i.e. until the start of the 2018/19 membership year.
It is accepted that a worse than average business credit risk rating can occur from time to time without necessarily meaning that a business is financially unstable. Therefore, in the event that a satisfactory credit risk rating cannot be provided at any membership renewal point then membership can be continued so long as the member company can demonstrate reasonable financial stability to the satisfaction of the PSSA’s confidential membership administration. All commercially sensitive information is kept confidential to the PSSA Secretariat and will not be disclosed to any third party without prior approval.