The Wireless Access Control Report 2018
How standards, sustainability, mobile and the cloud continue to shape the future
In the early 1980s McKinsey projected that 900,000 mobile phones would be in use around the world by the turn of the century. The management consultancy undershot spectacularly: 900,000 new subscribers were buying mobile phones every three days by 1999. Why? Because it failed to anticipate dramatic innovation and falling costs.
Wireless communication has come a long way since then, including in the access control arena.
This ASSA ABLOY-sponsored report, based on a poll of hundreds of professionals involved in the procurement, operation, deployment or maintenance of access control systems, gauges perception of, and demand for, wireless technologies in a market where hardwired systems still have an edge in the installed base.
- A growing, maturing wireless market
- Cabling vs. batteries
- Installer business model
- End-user perceptions
- The ‘non-door’ market
- Bluetooth & smartphone access
- The cloud and access control
‘as a service’
- Sustainability & energy efficiency
Complete the form to download the whitepaper.
ASSA ABLOY, the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience, is exhibiting at IFSEC International 2018, which takes place between 19-21 June at ExCeL London. Register for your free pass.
We are grateful for the contributions of Jim Dearing, senior analyst for security & building technologies at IHS Markit.
IHS Markit is a source for critical information and insight for numerous industries, including leading positions in finance, energy, transportation and technology. More than 5,000 analysts, data scientists, financial experts and industry specialists provide insights for 50,000 customers in over 140 countries, including 80% of the Fortune Global 500.
IHS Markit’s Access Control Intelligence Service
Since its inception back in 2005, IHS Markit’s electronic access control research has featured the most detailed market analysis available to the industry. Recent topical research published on the service:
- Access control as a service (ACaaS) – Report analysing the growing market for providing electronic access control solutions in return for recurring monthly revenue subscriptions.
- Cybersecurity – Electronic Access Control– An unprecedented study on the growing cybersecurity threat to modern electronic access control systems.
- Mobile Credentials– A report that analyses the current “readiness” of the access control reader install base for mobile access plus brand new data on the number of mobile credential downloads.
IFSEC International 2018
Join IFSEC Global live at Europe’s only dedicated integrated security event. Register for free.
Meet over 600 exhibitors, test more than 10,000 of the latest security products, and discover best practice and future trends in an unrivaled seminar programme.
- Frank Gardner to chair the Keynote Arena
- Former US Secretary of Homeland Security to take Keynote stage
- Live attack testing in the LPCB/BRE Global Attack Zone
- Your chance to get hands on with the latest security innovations thanks to the brand new Show Me How feature
The post Exclusive download: The Wireless Access Control Report 2018 appeared first on IFSEC Global | Security and Fire News and Resources.
The following content is provided by IFSec Global, you can view the original article by visiting the IFSec Global Website