- All members have committed themselves to a trade association working towards clear aims and objectives that are in the interests of both the perimeter protection industry and the end user.
- PSSA FULL MEMBERS have to pass rigorous criteria before being accepted for membership which means for their clients that they have been already been vetted as reputable, financially stable, competent, safety conscious suppliers and installers in the field of external perimeter protection:-
Base case criteria to become a PSSA FULL MEMBER
- A manufacturer or installer (or both) or test house of high security perimeter protection products.
- Average or higher Experian (or equivalent) business credit risk rating
- Minimum 3 years trading history & accounts.
- ISO 9001 accreditation
- Documented health and safety policy plus evidence of a retained qualified health and safety professional (either as an employee or external retained advisor).
- Agreement to place PSSA logo on the member’s website
- Documented environmental policy.
Additional base criteria for INSTALLER FULL MEMBERS
- Proof of being on the formal relevant approved supplier list of at least 2 separate government departments or utility companies or Major Contractors with PLC status. This can be approval directly by the organisations themselves or via Achilles or Building Confidence or Constructionline certification.
- Evidence of a Health & Safety accreditation to any scheme included in the current list of
SSIP approved schemes (Safety Schemes in Procurement),for example, CHAS.
Further benefits of working with our members
- Many of the products provided by our members have been independently performance tested by professional testing organisations see the independently tested products section on this website
- Our members participate in an Advisory Panel that is set up to be a mechanism to engage with the end user and the wider industry and highlight any concerns, gaps, or needs that the industry needs to address (continuous improvement).
- The independently tested products section on this website is an easily accessible source for specifiers and end users of high security perimeter protection product information including a comprehensive list of independently tested products that are available from PSSA members.
- Free arbitration service via the PSSA to help settle disputes with members without recourse to expensive law.